Most entrepreneurs begin their companies as side projects that blossom after lots of time and effort. If your company is more of a side hustle than funded startup, GrowthLab’s 10 ways to start a business when you don’t have enough time offers some useful perspective on how to maximize your effort.
Growing your business is possible, but it’s not easy. You won’t be able to do everything, so use your time strategically. The less time you have the more important it is to protect your time.
If you’re short on time here are their 10 tips:
- Wake up early.
- Eliminate time wasters systematically
- Focus on one thing each day
- Only move 1-3 tasks forward a day. That’s it
- Surrender your week, embrace weekends
- Put it on your calendar and protect it
- Make it public
- Take what you can get
- Conduct a weekly review
- Realize that there is no silver bullet
If you’re starting a business while working a full-time, or even part-time, job, it’s worth your time to read this article.